Open 7 Days A Weeek
From 10AM to 10PM
6501 Arena Blvd Suite 106A
Laredo, Texas 78041
Concealed Handgun License Class
The Texas CHL program is great for our state. We believe the more legally armed civilians the better. It is because of this belief that we are always 100% compliant with all Texas DPS rules and regulations. The integrity of the program means more than any one card holder. When you take our class we will do our very best to make sure you are familiar with all of the laws pertaining to CHL.We will also make sure you have a good understanding of the responsibilities the priviledge of licensed carry comes with.
As per State guidelines, in our class, you will learn:
- The laws that relate to the use of weapons and to the use of deadly force.
- Handgun use proficiency and safety.
- Non-violent dispute resolution.
- Proper storage practices for handguns.
- Basic handgun marksmanship.
Here are a few questions you should know the answers to if you have a CHL.
- Where can you legally carry your handgun? (School?, Work place?, Camping? Driving?, etc.)
- When should you present your CHL to authorities?
- When is deadly force legally justified? Does the time of day make a legal difference?
- How should handguns be secured to prevent access by unauthorized people?
- What steps can you take to resolve a dispute?
- What liabilty protection do you have against third party injury involving your firearm?
The above examples are a sample of the material you will learn during our class room instruction. If you already have a CHL and do not know the answers to some of these questions it might be time for a refresher course.